Perform clerical and administrative tasks ranging from admitting patients to scheduling appointments. Efficiently works as receptionist performing tasks that include greeting patients/family members, answering telephones, sending faxes, making copies, and ordering office/medical supplies for the unit to which they are assigned. Office administrative tasks include managing patient records in an electronic health records system by entering data, updating records, and retrieving information based on a physician’s or nurse’s request. Will also be expected to effectively handle patient orders, coordinate X-rays, blood tests, imaging, and other procedures with other departments. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as unit secretaries converse with physicians, nurses, patients, vendors, and various hospital departments. Keeping patients informed and satisfied with their hospital experience is crucial. Ability to multi-task in high stress situations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Ability to learn on the job computer skills
- Previous experience desired, but not required
- Legible handwriting, good visual and hearing acuity
- Good oral communication skills
- Must be able to respond quickly and appropriately in emergency situation
- Must be able to communicate with:
- Adult (18 – 64 years)
- Geriatrics (65 years and above)
- BLS Healthcare Provider Status-required
Steward Health Care complies with applicable Federal and State civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, alienage, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability.