At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
I. Position Function:
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager of the Division, the unit secretary will perform a variety of secretarial duties in support of the administrative and clinical functions on the unit to which he/she is assigned.
II. Job Relationships:
Supervised and/or reportable to the following, by job category:
- Operations Manager
- His/her designee
Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals.
To coordinate the shift activities of the unit as outlined below.
IV. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
"Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers, and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
-Schedules all appointments for patients; triages all appointments for chemotherapy patients to the charge nurse.
- Coordinates tests for patients: CT’s, PET’s, MRI’s, Pulmonary Function Test etc,
- Obtains Prior authorization from insurance carriers when required for CT’s, MRI’s etc.
- Prepares charts for each clinic day
- Greets, arrives and check-in each patient that comes to the clinic; collect co-pays when required.
- Serves as unit receptionist, greeting visitors and, when necessary, directing personnel to various locations.
- Serves as a resource/preceptor to new unit secretaries and RNs regarding computer training needs/skills.
- Answers telephones using proper etiquette and relays messages/information as necessary.
- Pages health care providers as directed.
- Serves as a communications liaison between unit and other departments.
- Serves as a communication liaison among patients, family members, doctors and nurses.
- Participates in staff meetings/conferences as appropriate.
- Maintains a professional demeanor to patients, professional staff, co-workers, and maintains positive customer relations skills.
- Distributes mail.
- Arranges patient transport.
- Assembles new patient charts
- Obtains old medical records from the Medical Record Department as needed.
- Coordinates the scheduling of tests, lab work and consults.
- Files all paper work: Flow sheets, Medication sheets, etc
- Maintains the patient's medical record assuring that forms are in the proper place under correct tab.
- Checks all charts daily to make sure the appropriate paperwork is in each chart, i.e. Progress Notes, Patient labels, Orders.
- Communicates supply needs to Operations Manager.
- Notifies the Help Desk with mal functioning computers.
- Notifies Maintenance any broken machines/ beds.
- Notifies the Operator problems with the telephones on the unit.
- Keeps informed of any changes in report procedures
- Keeps area neat and clutter free.
- Prints all computer reports as necessary.
- Attends unit secretary monthly meetings.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Performs all other related or similar duties as requested or required by Operations Manager.
V. Reporting Requirements:
Reports immediately to the Operations Manager or designee any delays or difficulties in the delivery of services.
Reports to the Operations Manager or designee situations requiring his/her attention.
Shall be accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of patient-related data and information.
Shall be accountable for abiding by all relevant hospital policies and procedures.
Shall be responsible for observing all policies and procedures of the Nursing Division.
Shall be responsible for maintaining professional and courteous behavior.
High School Graduate required. Bachelors Degree Preferred
Hospital experience or Doctor's Office/medical experience necessary.
Excellent telephone skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to Multitask
Refined organizational skills.
Experience with computer systems preferred.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
Excellent customer relations skills.
Ability to prioritize secretarial functions.
No certification/licensure required.
Training provided on unit with experienced unit secretary preceptor.
Session with Lead Unit Secretary/Unit Coordinator.
Able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.