At Sharon Regional Medical Center, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized health care with dignity, compassion, and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
Summary: The Clinical Secretary maintains an efficient and smooth operational patient care station. Maintains daily time and attendance as directed by the department director.
- Communicates compassion and respect when working with customers including but not limited to patients, physicians, visitors, and staff.
- Answers call lights and communicates information to an appropriate health care provider immediately if unable to resolve personally.
- Complete consults in a timely manner
- Communicates staffing and scheduling needs to Staffing coordinator after receiving input from Clinical Manager and staff.
- Orders and maintains supplies required for patient care delivery. Collaborates with Staffing Coordinators and Housekeeping personnel to ensure efficient and thorough cleaning of rooms.
- Makes daily rounds to ensure all supplies such as rounding sheets-blue cards- phones- call lights and pillows are on each bed.
- Collaborates with Staffing Coordinators regarding the management of bed allocation.
- Provides general clerical support to assigned patient care unit. This includes
- Information Management
- Telephone Communication
- Documentation Memorandums
- Mail Delivery
- Medical Record Management
- Secure Medical Records
- Supply necessary documentation forms
- Communicates with Medical Records
- Discharge phone calls
- Arranges follow-up PCP appointments for Hospitalist physicians.
- High School Diploma / GED
- CPR - within 90 days of hire
- Clearances as required by Federal and State Law
Steward Health Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Steward Health Care does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other non-job-related characteristic.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work. Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical condition or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable Federal laws.
Important COVID message
Please note, Sharon Regional Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously canceled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled, and professional way.