X-Ray Tech Reg
Steward Health Care System LLC ("Steward") is a fully integrated, physician-led national health care services organization committed to providing the highest quality of care in the most cost-efficient manner in the communities where our patients live. Steward - the largest privately held health care company in the U.S. - owns and operates 35 community hospitals across nine states, serves over 1,000 distinct communities and employs approximately 40,000 health care professionals. In addition to our hospitals, the Steward provider network includes 4,800 providers, 25 urgent care centers, 87 preferred skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health offerings, over 7,300 hospital beds under management, and approximately 1.5 million full risk covered lives through the company's managed care and health insurance services.
Steward Medical Group (SMG), Inc. is Steward's multi-specialty group practice with over 4,500 employees including over 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners. SMG operates approximately 450 practice locations throughout Massachusetts, Southern New Hampshire, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Florida, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, and provides more than 4 million patient encounters per year.
Performs a wide variety of Radiographic procedures which require use of independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
- Following departmental guidelines, selects type and number of films to provide diagnostic information required. May choose to digress from established routine under special circumstances depending upon clinical condition of patient.
- Prepares and positions patients relative to diagnostic equipment. Performs radiographic examinations with a high degree of accuracy, minimizing repeat digital films.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of working area.
- Maintains flow of patients through area and quality of films under the direct supervision of the Technical manager.
- Demonstrates knowledgeable operation of radiographic equipment with proper care given to radiation safety including collimation, shielding, and proper identification of digital films.
- Maintains proper professional demeanor to patients, medical staff, and patients.
- Performs all necessary functions to ensure effective patient care including clerical and transport/duties.
- Assists Technical Manager in daily processor/ digital film sensitometry.
- Completes all patient tracking functions to ensure proper and accurate billing, report transcription, and digital film retrieval.
- Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards.
- Successful completion of approved Radiologic Technology program
- Level of knowledge associated with completion of Radiologic Technology program.
- Associates degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Must be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with Radiology clients.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to satisfactorily explain examination process to patients.
Certification/Licensure: Possess a valid State license or temporary license and ARRT certification or eligible with one year to obtain.